Thursday, September 24, 2009

Death Cab For Cutie: Meet Me On The Equinox




















By Joe Noob


Staff Blogger


I’m disappointed.
This isn’t the first time DCFC has disappointed me. I spent the majority of my youth as an emo in rebellion against these heart-felt guitar strummers from Washington. Of course, I was ignorant and didn’t really listen to anything but Bright Eyes and Johnny Cash. That was until one brave man introduced me to Ben Gibbard. Choir Vandals spoke to me. When I found out that Ben was the brainchild behind DCFC I took my stubborn hat off and listened to them with an open mind. Since that moment, I haven’t been disappointed by them, until now.
Meet Me On The Equinox is as disappointing as the film it will be in is bound to be. Thought, I suppose New Moon is the perfect comparison to this song. There isn’t anything out rightly awful about the song, it is sufficient, I suppose. Much like the Twilight Series. Looking to kill some time with mindless crap? Read about some sweet sweet Vampire love, or listen to some mindless pop rock.
I think the saddest part about this song is it’s chart topping potential is only as beefy as its role in the film. If DCFC plays while Edward strolls across the screen, every 14 year old girl in North America will be rushing to download it, assuming they don’t already have it...

Check out the song here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blogs