Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Danger Bees: Don't Be A Devil




By Captain Pownzor
Staff Blogger

I took a listen to Dartmouth Nova Scotia’s, The Danger Bees and I have to say these gents have made my shorts rise. Yes I can full on repeat I’ve swung all the way here.
The danger bee’s sound like a Weezer of old while incorporating a whole new breed of smart indie pop.
The guitars give the song a fun energy, and the vocal styling’s capture the same essence ranging from cool and composed to sometimes the whole band screaming in harmony. Although the song has a fair amount of repetition to it that is what gives it all the more staying power. With the spot on delivery of cheeky lyrics like “You don’t like her proposition but your heart beats your brain into submission.” Don’t Be A Devil leaves a lasting impression that will have the listener playing it over and over again.

If you want to check out the band here is the myspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blogs