Friday, September 18, 2009

Kid Cudi G.O.O.D. Music the Soundtrack 2 My Life


The Captain:

"This is not a terrible song. The unfortunate part is I don’t listen to a lot of hip hop. The little kid cudi I have heard I’ve liked. Day and night is a pretty sweet song and this one shows a nice contrast with it. In fact I would even have to say I’d download the album if the rest of the material were of this quality. The thing is though, this is really poppy and that’s why I like it. This would suggest to me this song is going to be something your going to hear played, remixed and then played again sometime soon at every club you decide to shake your ass in. The ironic part about this is while you are in fact shaking your ass to the “fresh“ beats kudi is rapping about some pretty emotional stuff. “I've got some issues that nobody can see, And all of these emotions are pouring out of me, I bring them to the light for you, It's only right, this is.” Anyone that likes even the least bit of underground hip hop will probably hate this track and to be fair everyone else will too in a few months when we are screaming for it to get the fuck off our radio after the 18th play of the day."

The Noob:
"How come I can picture half dressed drunken freshmen rubbing up against each other in a dark crowded club, Kid Cudi booming over the speakers? Maybe it’s because the beat lends itself to mindless head bobbing and or booty shaking. Or maybe it’s because a lot of people don’t like to stop and listen to the lyrics of their favourite songs. They’ll all be singing “this is the soundtrack to my life,"thinking they know what Cudi is talking about and maybe they do. I doubt it though.
A plus effort for trying to say something and sound...what are the kids saying these days...fresh?"

Listen Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blogs