Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Overspill poets: The Neon Lights They Are Beautiful



Another review for our myspace friend's song

Captain Pownzor:

“ This song is alright. Not really what I would normally listen to to be fair, but it kind of reminds me of a rockier Gordon Lightfoot. Overspill Poets would be an excellent bar band and would have people raising pints to their nifty licks. Judging by the fact that it is a band of brits though I can well imagine they could drink just about any of their fans under the table. They are sort of unclassifiable, if I had to list a genre for them id say, country rock with folk elements some alternative riffage and poppy vocals. Really really hard to classify this band, which is good it makes the band and the song really unique. Again its not really something I personally would listen to but hey this song could fit seamlessly on a radio station that plays early Bare-naked Ladies, Hootie and The Blowfish or even Great Big Sea. I may not like it but I am pretty damn sure my mom would rock out hard to it.”

You can check out this song and more from this band on their myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blogs