Monday, November 30, 2009

Jack Cheshire: Paper House




By Captain Pownzor
Staff Blogger

When I started this track I really didn’t know what to think, I couldn’t quite put my finger on what psychedelic folk would be, but I have to say this is the definition. Paperhouse, is haunting, slow and revealing. A tension laced melody from the double bass dancing around a Cheshire’s calm and soothing voice. The song sets a dark and hopeless mood.
This song is just plain and simple with a straight low-fi presentation. Something very different and new that I cant quite put my finger on. It is such a raw and minimalist style of music, with just enough of a structure and tune to keep the listener tapping a foot.
I recommend you give this a look see, but I would also say this is not for everyone. If you like folk you may be a fan, but the stripped down sound might not be your cup of tea.

You can listen to Jack Cheshire's: Paper House: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blogs