Saturday, September 26, 2009

Monsters Of Folk: The Right Place



By JOE NOOB
Staff Blogger

If you didn’t see this coming you’re deaf or you don’t listen to Conor Oberst.
The man that was once the king of emo has gone country...er...folk.
Monsters of Folk are doingitright. I find myself a fan of both the alternative music scene and the country music, but lately country has gone mainstream and really dropped the ball. Music in general has dropped the ball some might say. But alas, when ever music has needed a boost of inspiration or creativity Folk has always stepped up to the plate. I’m not proclaiming Monsters of Folk the saviour of modern music, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up sparking something here.
I would be lying if I said this song sounded original, because the truth is, it sounds like the classic country/folk songs I and so many others love. It inspired warm feelings in the deepest part of me and makes me sit back and smile while I think about all the dropped jaws when Bright Eyes fans hear the twang in Oberst voice echoed by the voice of Jim James.

You can check out the song and music video here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blogs