Wednesday, October 7, 2009

RAC: State Of The Union



By Captain Pownzor
Staff Blogger

Just starting this song I was thinking ohhh shit..here we go. But no, strangely I like RAC. They use a time honored rocking simplicity that makes them a great band to head bang and drink with. To me anyway they sound a bit like the early offspring. The guitars in state of the union are simple but catchy and the production quality isn't great. The song sounds as if it belongs in a club about 8 years ago, It makes me think of a bar in my hometown where I have seen many an act like RAC. Cool sound bites in the middle break up the party tunes. Bass is a bit loud in the mix but the playing is good so its not a totally overpowering. It's a good song to throw on with a bunch of friends or in the car and I'm sure this band would not disappoint in a live show.

Check out RAC's Myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blogs